Join Our Team: We Are Hiring!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sponsorship Sales professional to join our busy, tight-knit team based in London.
We build partnerships and sponsorships between the world’s most respected professional and industry groups and B2B brands. Our HQ is in the heart of London with an international client base.
You will pro-actively manage and sell a portfolio of standard event sponsorship opportunities, including; exhibitions, speaking sessions, brand activation opportunities, webinars and podcasts. You will initially start work on one portfolio containing multiple opportunities then expand into other sector portfolios with further opportunity and increased revenues associated.
We take a consultative sales approach, so this isn’t a phone bashing environment, but your ability to pick up the phone to close a deal is essential.
We pride ourselves in being a small, agile, flexible, transparent and dependable organisation and we have implemented a successful, agile and sustainable working approach. So, if you like the sound of moving around London with a phone and laptop striking deals with the biggest B2B brands in the world, this job may be for you.
The average length of time people work with us is 5.6 years, which gives you a feel for the variety of work, the amount of development, number of opportunities, the level of enjoyment and job satisfaction people get from working as part of our strong and unique team.
You will bring your experience to the table, however support and training will be provided to embed you into the b2b-way with ongoing - on and off the job learning as the role develops.
We are a company that never stands still. We adopted a flexible working structure a few years ago and the team work collaboratively on projects where needed. So, the right candidate will be able to commute to central London and to a variety of different locations, often moving between multiple meetings in different offices in a single day. A level of home working, as well as some national and international travel, may be required on an ad-hoc basis, with advanced warning.
We have existing and extensive networks, but you will be required to build on this pipeline and lead generate for yourself.
Your main duties will include;
- Developing proposals
- Researching and identifying potential sponsorship and exhibitor prospects
- Lead generating and building a continuous qualified sales pipeline
- Approaching sponsors – phone, email, digital/social, face to face networking events
- Setting up and leading sponsorship sales calls and meetings
- Securing sponsorships, exhibitors and commercial partnerships across our existing and growing portfolio
- Hitting income targets and business objectives
- Developing sales positioning and cold pitches
- Managing and updating your pipeline and provide accurate sales forecasts against each activity in your portfolio
- Updating b2b’s CRM with conversation details (GDPR compliant)
- Inputting into quarterly planning and target setting
- Reporting on pipeline and status of sponsors
Your personality. You will be;
- Confident but not egotistic
- Enthusiastic and positive
- Determined, focused and highly motivated
- Nice, courteous, mindful and thoughtful
- Money motivated, someone always focused on hitting targets
- Fun. We work hard but take a balanced approach to work and life is a priority for us
- Thick skinned, no cry-babies, we’re a zero-drama organisation
- A clear communicator who is not afraid to express new ideas
- Organised, methodical and a good multi-tasker.
- Always on time, with strong general time management skills
- Ability to sell multiple portfolio items with varied deadlines
- Transparent and open: We share projects and portfolio’s so the ability to work as part of a team as well as independently is key
- Quick learner
Qualifications and Skills:
- 2 years practical hands-on experience, ideally within a B2B professional services environment
- Skilled in Windows and Microsoft Office applications
- Strong communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Starting salary circa £28,000/year + uncapped commission, pension & benefits
Reports to: Director of Partnerships
UK Work Visa Essential
No Agencies Please
How To Apply:
Please email your CV with a covering letter explaining why you’re awesome and why we should choose you to email@example.com.
Applications close Friday 17 January.